Press Release – International Forum For West Papua
We would like to write again about the current extra judicial murder of native Papuan and the 4 activists of KNPB were arrested and beaten by Indonesian force currently. Chronologically two incidents were occurred separately; On 9 May at 10 pm. local …International Forum for West Papua (INFO_WP)
14 May 2013
The Hon Julia Gillard MP
CANBERRA ACT 2600
Dear Prime Minister,
We would like to write again about the current extra judicial murder of native Papuan and the 4 activists of KNPB were arrested and beaten by Indonesian force currently. Chronologically two incidents were occurred separately; On 9 May at 10 pm. local time a civilian of Arton Kogoya, 28 years old was shoot death by members of TNI (Wim Anessili A 756 unit) at Wamena District in Central Highlands; Severe activists were Victor Yeimo (Chairman of KNPB), Yong Ulimpa (23), Ely Kobak (17) and Marthen Manggaprow were arrested by Indonesia Police during peaceful demonstration on 13 May.
This peaceful protest was just aimed to ask the current incident on 30 and 1 may in where severe activists were died and over 20 were arrested, and express their aspiration for foreign journalists and international human rights activists freely access in the country. We indicated that Indonesia government did not implement the Universal Periodic Review of 180 points especially freedom of expression and excessive force, from the 1 May 1963 found that those violence definitely crimes against humanity, genocide and war crime despite your government encourages Indonesia to maintain Roman Status of International Criminal Court.
We do not believe with whatever Indonesian rule and policy to uphold international human rights law to the Melanesian people of West Papua, a strong indication is the all development plans have been politicizing by the Central Government of Jakarta due to political sentiment interest then our critical argumentation that the foreign aid including your military aid creates big impact upon this potential violence.
Therefore, we are very deeply demands your Government to:
- Ask Indonesian government to release the KNPB leader of Victor Yeimo, 3 other friend and all the political prisoners,
- Ask Indonesian government to take responsibility on the murder of Arton Kogoya, And The Info_WP asks to Australia government
- Play mediator role in solving the long-term political conflict,
- Use your non-permanent seat at the Security Council for peacekeeping force in maintains international pacific settlement dispute provision in the armed conflict territory of West Papua.
- Stop your aid programs such as military training, funding the 88 detachment, funding million dollars for economic, social and education development budget.
We will be happy to hear your prompt response
President of INFO_WP
GRAPHIC PICTURES of the murder of Arton Kogoya by TNI and Police
On Saturday 9/05/2013 at 10 pm West Papua time a civilian name Arton Kogoya, 28 years old was shoot death at Yosudarso Street section Uweme Wamena river Wamena District Central Highlands of West Papua by members of TNI from Wim Anessili A 756 units.
More Orginal News: http://pacific.scoop.co.nz